The Singing Tree – Book Guide
Open your child’s heart…
The book guide for The Singing Tree explores story-related learning topics about World War I Hungary found in the story. When you explore this book, your kids will connect to the story and remember what they’ve learned, which will stay with them long after the story is finished.
Plus, as a family, you’ll…
⭐️ Learn about World War I
⭐️ Explore the Magyar people
⭐️ Learn about Hungarian Geography, Culture, & Nature
⭐️ Expand your study with an exclusive Related Reading Booklist
⭐️ Review with Story-related Activities & Story Celebration
⭐️ BONUS: Literature-based Language Arts! A Simple, Charlotte Mason-Inspired Plan for adding language arts.
NOTE: This product includes a PDF guide only.
What others are saying about our guides…
The guides from Learning Through Literature have been one of our favorite resources. They immerse us deeply into the time and culture of the stories and make learning meaningful and lasting. The best part is doing a book party at the end! Perfect for homeschool or any family who wants to read good literature together. – Amanda W.
Note: All digital guides are non-refundable. Be sure to read our Description below for more information about this guide.
What’s included in The Singing Tree – Book Guide
⭐️ Learning Ideas: Explore geography, history, culture, and add depth and understanding to the story.
Meaningful Discussion: Connect with your kids as you discuss thought-provoking questions.
Hands-on Activities & Projects: Enjoy fun, story-related activities and projects.
Related Reading Booklist: Delight even more in the story with our exclusive list of related books and poems.
⭐️ Week-to-Week Plan: Enjoy peace of mind with an open-and-go format that walks you step-by-step through the guide.
Story Celebration Plan: Wrap up the story with a fun, interactive party.
⭐️ BONUS: Literature-based Language Arts! A Simple, Charlotte Mason-inspired Plan for adding language arts.
Follow this 4-week guide to engage deeply with The Singing Tree and the valuable lessons it teaches about Generosity and Friendship.
Be sure to follow along on Instagram and email as we highlight books and guide elements each month. Share your images on social media using the hashtag #LTLbookguide.
How the Guide Works
The The Singing Tree – Book Guide is a 4-week, literature-based learning guide that walks you through the story with these weekly sections:
- Read & Explore
- Weekly chapters to read
- Story-related learning topics (history, locale, culture, etc.)
- Expand & Discuss
- Related reading ideas (poem and picture books)
- Hands-on activities & project ideas
- Meaningful discussion questions & prompts
- Story Celebration Plan
- Book party ideas for the final week
- Step-by-step Story Celebration plan
How we choose books for this series
Each book highlighted in the Book Guides has been thoughtfully chosen based on the following requirements:
- Does the story compel readers to connect with characters and their struggles?
- Does the storytelling allow for meaningful discussions?
- Does the story inspire readers to desire stronger character?
Add in an art!
We’ve partnered with Marrissa Raimonde from Yellow Spot:Sun to bring you amazing art packets that work alongside our guides. Marrissa has created a resource called Drawing Symmetrical Trees to coordinate with this guide.
What others are saying about our guides:
First of all, let me just say this guide is INCREDIBLE! It’s a great mix of reading, discussion and hands-on to keep everyone engaged, even across different age groups. —Elizabeth H.
I just wanted to tell you how much your resources have been a blessing to me. Your site is wonderful and I eagerly look forward to future guides. I also love your poem of the month. The thing I am enjoying about your stuff is its simplicity. It’s easy to use. I am homeschooling 4 young children (ages 4-9) and my husband works long hours and some weekends so if something is not “easy” this mom just cannot do it very long or very well. — Meghan S.
I just wanted to thank you for our Number the Stars book guide… The Number the Stars packet offered exactly the right amount of history, research, imagination, linking, reflection, and thoughtful writing prompts. You’ve really created a wonderful teaching program with extraordinary content. I’m very grateful for all your efforts, and am highly recommending your website, book lists, and guides to teachers and parents, both in and outside our school. —Elizabeth
**Because this is a digital product we suggest you download the guide to a computer. Once downloaded, it can be shared to your mobile device.
Paypal Notice: When you receive your PayPal receipt it may show you sent a payment to The Seasoned Homemaker which is our parent company. The charge will appear on your credit card statement as “PAYPAL *LESLIERUTLA” with the payment being sent to [email protected]
Please download your product and save it to a computer. Your download will expire in 15 days.
Because technology is unique on different devices, we are unable to provide any technical help at this time.
If you need further help, please see this detailed tutorial on our other site.
Below are some common download instructions that should help you.
- Most mobile devices such as phones and tablets, do not allow downloading through a link.
- All files are sent using PDF format. Most computers have pre-installed Adobe Reader on them, but if your particular laptop, PC, or mobile device does not have a PDF reader, you’ll need one to view the download. Adobe Reader is the most common one and it’s free. You can download it here.
- If you can’t find the file once it’s downloaded, try looking in Downloads under My Computer or search the title of the file on your computer for where it could be hiding.
Some products are sent using a compressed ZIP file. Here’s how to unzip a ZIP file:
- On a laptop or PC- Save the ZIP file to your computer, right-click and select, “Extract All.” This creates a new file on your computer in which you can open. From there you can add the file to iCloud or Dropbox to access the files on your mobile device. Occasionally, browser apps may be glitchy during downloading. If this occurs, please try using a different browser.
- On a mobile device- Before downloading the ZIP file directly to your mobile device, you may need a free app to unzip the product (try FileExplorer Free). This allows you to unzip the folder in order to access the download. Some mobile devices allow you to hold the zipped file icon and then click, “Extract.”