Poem of the Month (Vol. 1) – Poetry Collection
Poem of the Month (Vol. 1) is a collection of poems to enjoy with your children every month of the year. Begin any time of the year! (This resource includes previous selections from our Poem of the Month resource.)
+ 12 Months of Poems to enjoy throughout the year.
+ Discussion Ideas to help you read, explore, and discuss one main poem a month.
+ Poems for every week of each month. One to explore and discuss…three to simply enjoy.
+ Monthly format makes it easy to begin at any time during the year.
What others are saying about Poem of the Month:
These are seriously the best poetry resources I’ve come across in all my years of homeschooling. Thank you again. – Pam R.”
PLEASE NOTE: This is a PDF digital product. No physical item will be shipped. The customer is responsible for downloading and printing. An email will be sent with a second link. If you have trouble with the initial download, see Download Help tab below. When you purchase this product you will be subscribed to Learning Through Literature email newsletters. We respect your privacy and will NEVER share your information. You can unsubscribe at any time.
All digital guides are non-refundable.
Why You Need this Resource
Poetry stretches our minds and provides new ways of understanding and communicating ideas, thoughts, and feelings. For children, reading and memorizing poetry can translate to academic and emotional benefits, such as developing vocabulary, expanding communication skills, encouraging creativity, improving critical thinking, and promoting empathy.
Here are some tips for enjoying poetry in your home on a regular basis:
- Read for enjoyment. Keep it light and fun. Start with the goal of simply sharing something wonderful with your kids. No pressure to understand everything. Just enjoy some poems together and have lighthearted conversation about what you read.
- Have Poetry Teatime. Make it memorable. Set aside a time (each week or month) to gather for tea, snacks, and poetry reading. Use the fancy cups. Include or make a favorite snack. Light a candle. Swap tea for lemonade or juice, if desired. The main idea is to make the time together special and fun.
- Memorize a poem together. A memorized poem becomes part of your family culture. It becomes shared language for understanding. It will be a complete delight when one of you quotes a poetry line during a situation and everyone in the family understands.
Benefits of Poetry
Poetry fills the mind with new ways of communicating ideas, thoughts, and feelings. For children, who are daily learning and growing in this ability, that translates to both academic and emotional benefits. Here are some of the benefits:
- Develops vocabulary
- Expands communication skills
- Encourages creativity
- Improves critical thinking
- Promotes empathy
Engage your child’s mind with poetry all year long with the Poem of the Month Poetry Collection!
Click here to see Poetry Books in our Book Finder
Notice: When you receive your credit card or PayPal receipt it may show you sent a payment to The Seasoned Homemaker which is our parent company. The charge will appear on your credit card statement as “PAYPAL *LESLIERUTLA” with the payment being sent to [email protected].
Please download your product and save it to a computer. Your download will expire in 15 days.
Because technology is unique on different devices, we are unable to provide any technical help at this time.
If you need further help, please see this detailed tutorial on our other site.
Below are some common download instructions that should help you.
- Most mobile devices such as phones and tablets, do not allow downloading through a link.
- All files are sent using PDF format. Most computers have pre-installed Adobe Reader on them, but if your particular laptop, PC, or mobile device does not have a PDF reader, you’ll need one to view the download. Adobe Reader is the most common one and it’s free. You can download it here.
- If you can’t find the file once it’s downloaded, try looking in Downloads under My Computer or search the title of the file on your computer for where it could be hiding.
Some products are sent using a compressed ZIP file. Here’s how to unzip a ZIP file:
- On a laptop or PC- Save the ZIP file to your computer, right-click and select, “Extract All.” This creates a new file on your computer in which you can open. From there you can add the file to iCloud or Dropbox to access the files on your mobile device. Occasionally, browser apps may be glitchy during downloading. If this occurs, please try using a different browser.
- On a mobile device- Before downloading the ZIP file directly to your mobile device, you may need a free app to unzip the product (try FileExplorer Free). This allows you to unzip the folder in order to access the download. Some mobile devices allow you to hold the zipped file icon and then click, “Extract.”