The Year of Miss Agnes – Book Guide
Open your child’s heart…
This book guide for The Year of Miss Agnes helps you explore the importance of respect and confidence. Uncover story layers and give your child an understanding of the character traits that will stay with them long after the book is finished.
Plus, as a family, you’ll…
⭐️ Learn about Alaska’s History
⭐️ Explore Alaskan Nature Study
⭐️ Learn about Athabascan Culture
⭐️ Explore story-related Geography
⭐️ Enjoy fun, memorable hands-on activities
⭐️ Expand with an exclusive Related Reading Booklist
⭐️ Explore topics like geography, history, and more to add depth to your family reading time!
⭐️ BONUS! – Literature-based Language Arts. A Simple, Charlotte Mason-Inspired Plan for adding language arts.
Great for kids age 6+
NOTE: This product includes a PDF guide only.
What people are saying about our guides…
“First of all, let me just say this guide is INCREDIBLE! It’s a great mix of reading, discussion and hands-on to keep everyone engaged, even across different age groups.” Elizabeth H.
Note: Because this is an electronic item, the guides are non-refundable. Be sure to read our Description below for more information about this guide.
What’s included in The Year of Miss Agnes – Book Guide
💡 Learning Ideas: Explore geography, history, culture, and add depth and understanding to the story.
🙌 Meaningful Discussion: Connect with your kids as you discuss thought-provoking questions.
🎨 Hands-on Activities & Projects: Add a memory peg with fun, story-related activities and projects.
📚 Related Reading Booklist: Delight even more in the story with related books and poetry.
📓 Open-and-Go Plan: Enjoy peace of mind with an open-and-go format that walks you step-by-step through the guide.
🎉 Story Celebration Plan: Wrap up the story with a fun, interactive party.
⭐️ NEW BONUS! – Literature-based Language Arts. A Simple, Charlotte Mason-Inspired Plan for adding language arts.
Follow this guide to engage deeply with The Year of Miss Agnes – Book Guide and the valuable lessons it teaches about Confidence and Respect!
Be sure to follow along on Instagram as we highlight books and guide elements each month. Share your own examples on social media using #BCTBguide when you post.
How the Guide Works
The Year of Miss Agnes – Book Guide is a plan to read the book together, explore story-related learning topics, expand to related reading and activities, and have meaningful discussion times.
Here is what you will find within chapter sections:
Information to EXPLORE topics from the story
Story-related topics to deepen understanding and connection
Dig Deeper sections for more in-depth exploring
Fun activity ideas to EXPAND story elements
Meaningful questions to DISCUSS the chapter
Story Celebration Ideas
Food & decor ideas
How we choose books for this series
Each book highlighted in the Building Character Through Books series has been thoughtfully chosen based on the following requirements:
- Does the story compel readers to connect with characters and their struggles?
- Does the storytelling allow for meaningful discussions?
- Does the story inspire readers to desire stronger character?
**Because this is a digital product we suggest you download the guide to a computer. Once downloaded, it can be shared to your mobile device.
PayPal Notice: When you receive your PayPal receipt it may show you sent a payment to The Seasoned Homemaker which is our parent company. The charge will appear on your credit card statement as “PAYPAL *LESLIERUTLA” with the payment being sent to [email protected]
Please download your product and save it to a computer. Your download will expire in 15 days.
Because technology is unique on different devices, we are unable to provide any technical help at this time.
If you need further help, please see this detailed tutorial on our other site.
Below are some common download instructions that should help you.
- Most mobile devices such as phones and tablets, do not allow downloading through a link.
- All files are sent using PDF format. Most computers have pre-installed Adobe Reader on them, but if your particular laptop, PC, or mobile device does not have a PDF reader, you’ll need one to view the download. Adobe Reader is the most common one and it’s free. You can download it here.
- If you can’t find the file once it’s downloaded, try looking in Downloads under My Computer or search the title of the file on your computer for where it could be hiding.
Some products are sent using a compressed ZIP file. Here’s how to unzip a ZIP file:
- On a laptop or PC- Save the ZIP file to your computer, right-click and select, “Extract All.” This creates a new file on your computer in which you can open. From there you can add the file to iCloud or Dropbox to access the files on your mobile device. Occasionally, browser apps may be glitchy during downloading. If this occurs, please try using a different browser.
- On a mobile device- Before downloading the ZIP file directly to your mobile device, you may need a free app to unzip the product (try FileExplorer Free). This allows you to unzip the folder in order to access the download. Some mobile devices allow you to hold the zipped file icon and then click, “Extract.”