Johnny Appleseed Guide
Enjoy a fun apple-centered day!
The Johnny Appleseed Guide is a memorable learning adventure centered around a simple story. You may be familiar with Johnny Appleseed, but have you explored his story?
Take a day and focus on this story! Your kids will have a fun a memorable day and that will stay with them long after it’s over.
Here’s what the guide contains:
🍎 History of John Chapman (the real Johnny Appleseed)
🍎 Geography surrounding apples in America
🍎 Nature Study with apples + projects to make it real
🍎 Science with Apples (fun, fast, and easy!)
🍎 Favorite Apple Recipes to make as a family
🍎 Suggested book list to enrich the study
🍎 Tall Tales Literature Learning
🍎 Printables for projects
🍎 Supply List for simple projects
And a few surprises!
Be sure to read our Description below for more information about this guide.
What people are saying about our guides…
“First of all, let me just say this guide is INCREDIBLE! It’s a great mix of reading, discussion and hands-on to keep everyone engaged, even across different age groups.” Elizabeth H.
Note: This guide is an electronic item and is non-returnable. Be sure to read our Description below for more information.
At Learning Through Literature, we believe that well-written stories can inspire children to make the strongest learning connections. Mix in some fun, hands-on activities, and new knowledge is solidified in a child’s mind without tests and worksheets.
Our Guides harness the power of stories as a direction for intentional learning adventures.
For this guide, we feature the story of Johnny Appleseed because of its importance in American literature and the sheer fun of the tall tale.
Simply reading the tale is enjoyable. Reading and exploring the richness of connected topics helps anchor new knowledge to something memorable.
The learning begins with reading any version of the tale you find available (although we recommend a few versions for ideas). From there, we explore the real person behind the tale, the history and geography surrounding his life, and other fun learning adventures with apples.
What’s included in the The Johnny Appleseed Guide
⭐️ Tall Tales: Learn about tall tales and how they bring characters to life.
⭐️ The Real Johnny Appleseed: Get the facts about his life and some of the legends.
⭐️ Geography: See how apple trees came to America and how they spread westward across the country.
⭐️ Nature Study: Study more about the life cycle of an apple tree.
⭐️ Science: Have fun experimenting with apples.
⭐️ Cooking: Share a couple of our favorite apple recipes.
⭐️ Music: Learn the fun Johnny Appleseed song!
Recommended Age: Preschool through Elementary (with suggestions for including older children)
**Because this is a digital product we suggest you download the guide to a computer. Once downloaded, it can be shared to your mobile device.
Paypal Notice: When you receive your PayPal receipt it may show you sent a payment to The Seasoned Homemaker which is our parent company. The charge will appear on your credit card statement as “PAYPAL *LESLIERUTLA” with the payment being sent to [email protected].
Please download your product and save it to a computer. Your download will expire in 15 days.
Because technology is unique on different devices, we are unable to provide any technical help at this time.
If you need further help, please see this detailed tutorial on our other site.
Below are some common download instructions that should help you.
- Most mobile devices such as phones and tablets, do not allow downloading through a link.
- All files are sent using PDF format. Most computers have pre-installed Adobe Reader on them, but if your particular laptop, PC, or mobile device does not have a PDF reader, you’ll need one to view the download. Adobe Reader is the most common one and it’s free. You can download it here.
- If you can’t find the file once it’s downloaded, try looking in Downloads under My Computer or search the title of the file on your computer for where it could be hiding.
Some products are sent using a compressed ZIP file. Here’s how to unzip a ZIP file:
- On a laptop or PC- Save the ZIP file to your computer, right-click and select, “Extract All.” This creates a new file on your computer in which you can open. From there you can add the file to iCloud or Dropbox to access the files on your mobile device. Occasionally, browser apps may be glitchy during downloading. If this occurs, please try using a different browser.
- On a mobile device- Before downloading the ZIP file directly to your mobile device, you may need a free app to unzip the product (try FileExplorer Free). This allows you to unzip the folder in order to access the download. Some mobile devices allow you to hold the zipped file icon and then click, “Extract.”