Note: The bundle includes PDF learning guides ONLY. The following books are required but NOT included with your purchase.
BCTB: Book Guide Bundle – Vol. 2 includes 9 PDF Book Guides with weekly step-by-step plans to Read, Explore, and Discuss the following stories:
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- releases Aug 17 (6-week guide to use through Sep)
- The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
- releases Oct 1 (4-week guide)
- King of the Wind by Marguerite Henry
- releases Nov 1 (4-week guide)
- The Family Under the Bridge by Natalie Savage Carlson
- releases Dec 1 (chapter-by-chapter guide)
- By the Great Horn Spoon! by Sid Fleischman
- releases Jan 1 (4-week guide)
- Freedom Train: The Story of Harriet Tubman by Dorothy Sterling
- releases Feb 1 (4-week guide)
- The Railway Children by E. Nesbit
- releases Mar 1 (4-week guide)
- Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan
- releases Apr 1 (4-week guide)
- My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George
- guide releases May 1 (4-week guide)
- ⭐️ BONUS! – Literature-based Language Arts PDF with a simple, Charlotte Mason-Inspired Plan for adding language arts
We thoughtfully chose these titles for studying character because:
- They compel readers to connect with characters and their struggles.
- They invite meaningful discussions.
- They inspire readers to desire stronger character.
Each chosen book invites connection and discussion for your character trait study!
How This Bundle Works
- Once your purchase finalizes, you will immediately be able to download the Literature-based Language Arts Ideas PDF document PLUS any published guides.
- You will receive a Welcome Email with instructions on how to get your guides as they release (according to above schedule). There will be instructions with two options on how to receive the guides.
- Within the Welcome Email, you will get a link to a page where the guides and related documents will be uploaded each month. You will need to save this email because it contains a password that allows you to access the page to download the book guides.
- When a new guide releases each month, you will also receive an email containing the latest guide.
Note: The 6-week guide for Treasure Island will release August 17, 2020 to use through September. After that, all subsequent guides will release by the 1st of each month. If you’ve purchased this bundle after August 17, 2020, you will have immediate access to any previously released guides.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click the link below for answers to some frequently asked questions about Building Character Through Books guides:
Follow along on social media as we highlight story elements, activities, and related reading ideas each month. (Share your own examples on social media by using #BCTBguide and #BCTB when you post.)
**Because this is a digital product we suggest you download the guide to a computer. Once downloaded, it can be shared to your mobile device.