Bird Poetry Collection
Combine poetry and nature study! This Bird Poetry Collection includes 30+ delightful poems about the beauty of birds, their various habits, and specific bird species. It’s the perfect way to connect with nature and explore the beauty of birds through poetry.
Birds have long been a source of inspiration for poets: their behaviors, various colors, intricate songs, and graceful movements. Our guide is a curated selection of verses from inspired poets/nature observers.
Whether you’re an avian enthusiast and poetry lover…or simply looking for a fun way for your family to connect with nature, this new bird poetry guide is the perfect choice. It’s a collection that will inspire you to see birds in a new light and to appreciate the natural world around you in a deeper and more meaningful way.
The Bird Poetry Collection includes:
PLEASE NOTE: This is a PDF digital product. No physical item will be shipped. The customer is responsible for downloading and printing. An email will be sent with a second link. If you have trouble with the initial download, see Download Help tab below. When you purchase this product you will be subscribed to Learning Through Literature email newsletters. We respect your privacy and will NEVER share your information. You can unsubscribe at any time.
All digital guides are non-refundable.
Why You Need this Resource
Poetry stretches our minds and provides new ways of understanding and communicating ideas, thoughts, and feelings. For children, reading and memorizing poetry can translate to academic and emotional benefits, such as developing vocabulary, expanding communication skills, encouraging creativity, improving critical thinking, and promoting empathy.
Tips for enjoying poetry in your home on a regular basis:
- Read for enjoyment. Keep it light and fun. Start with the goal of simply sharing something wonderful with your kids. No pressure to understand everything. Just enjoy some poems together and have lighthearted conversation about what you read.
- Have Poetry Teatime. Make it memorable. Set aside a time (each week or month) to gather for tea, snacks, and poetry reading. Use the fancy cups. Include or make a favorite snack. Light a candle. Swap tea for lemonade or juice, if desired. The main idea is to make the time together special and fun.
- Memorize a poem together. A memorized poem becomes part of your family culture. It becomes shared language for understanding. It will be a complete delight when one of you quotes a poetry line during a situation and everyone in the family understands.
Benefits of Poetry
Poetry fills the mind with new ways of communicating ideas, thoughts, and feelings. For children, who are daily learning and growing in this ability, that translates to both academic and emotional benefits. Here are some of the benefits:
- Develops vocabulary
- Expands communication skills
- Encourages creativity
- Improves critical thinking
- Promotes empathy
Engage your child’s mind with the Bird Poetry Collection!
Please download your product and save it to a computer. Your download will expire in 15 days.
Because technology is unique on different devices, we are unable to provide any technical help at this time.
If you need further help, please see this detailed tutorial on our other site.
Below are some common download instructions that should help you.
- Most mobile devices such as phones and tablets, do not allow downloading through a link.
- All files are sent using PDF format. Most computers have pre-installed Adobe Reader on them, but if your particular laptop, PC, or mobile device does not have a PDF reader, you’ll need one to view the download. Adobe Reader is the most common one and it’s free. You can download it here.
- If you can’t find the file once it’s downloaded, try looking in Downloads under My Computer or search the title of the file on your computer for where it could be hiding.
Some products are sent using a compressed ZIP file. Here’s how to unzip a ZIP file:
- On a laptop or PC- Save the ZIP file to your computer, right-click and select, “Extract All.” This creates a new file on your computer in which you can open. From there you can add the file to iCloud or Dropbox to access the files on your mobile device. Occasionally, browser apps may be glitchy during downloading. If this occurs, please try using a different browser.
- On a mobile device- Before downloading the ZIP file directly to your mobile device, you may need a free app to unzip the product (try FileExplorer Free). This allows you to unzip the folder in order to access the download. Some mobile devices allow you to hold the zipped file icon and then click, “Extract.”