Building Character Through Books
A Christmas Carol – Book Guide
We all want our children to have strong character. It’s a daily (sometimes hourly) effort to reach their hearts and guide them to better understanding of it. What will have the most impact?
Help them engage with powerful examples in stories.
Intentional engagement with a story helps a child feel invested in what happens to characters in it. This is where the Building Character Through Books (BCTB) curriculum series comes in.
The A Christmas Carol Book Guide is a month long literature-based learning guide that walks you through the story with these weekly sections:
- Read & Explore
- Weekly chapters to read
- Story-related learning topics (history, geography, nature, etc.)
- Expand & Discuss
- Related reading ideas (poems and picture books)
- Hands-on activities & project ideas
- Meaningful discussion questions & prompts
- Story Celebration Plan
- Book party ideas for the final week
- Step-by-step Story Celebration plan
Each book highlighted in the Building Character Through Books series has been thoughtfully chosen based on the following requirements:
- Does the story compel readers to connect with characters and their struggles?
- Does the storytelling allow for meaningful discussions?
- Does the story inspire readers to desire stronger character?
Follow this 4-week guide to engage deeply with A Christmas Carol and the valuable lessons it teaches about compassion!
Be sure to follow along on Instagram and email as we highlight books and guide elements each month. (Share your own examples on social media by using #BCTB and #BCTBcompassion when you post.)
**Because this is a digital product we suggest you download the guide to a computer. Once downloaded, it can be shared to your mobile device.
Paypal Notice: When you receive your PayPal receipt it may show you sent a payment to The Seasoned Homemaker which is our parent company. The charge will appear on your credit card statement as “PAYPAL *LESLIERUTLA” with the payment being sent to [email protected]